Welcome to something new.
It’s Fast five Friday!
Each Friday I’ll be bringing you a list of five.
Well that will depend on the week.
This week is:
Top five essential kitchen utensils
These are the 5 I think are the minimum to get you by. In no particular order:
- Spatula – A spatula is versatile. You can use it as a spoon to stir stuff, use it to scrape the last little bit of whatever out of a bowl or even use it as a flipper if need be.
- Measuring jug – Make sure your measuring jug is microwaveable and you’re all set. It can be used in place of cup measures or hold liquids, or use it to microwave you’re frozen vegies in so your plate doesn’t get to hot.
- Whisk – If you don’t have a sieve whisk your flour (or whatever needs sieving) to aerate it. Also can be another impromptu spoon. Great for getting the lumps out of your pancake mix.
- Knife – an obvious one really. A good chefs knife can make all the difference. Make sure you take care of it and keep it sharp.
- Chopping board – look after your benches from scratches and cuts! If you have a wooden one you can also protect your benches (or table) from the heat from pots, pans and whatever else might have come out of the oven.
So that’s my top five, what’s yours?